Hello! This is a personal blog that ranges from Shakespeare to fandom (Supernatural, Doctor Who, WTNV, and more) to Neil Gaiman to pictures of me to puppies. Enjoy your stay!
I LOVE the talk about how it has to be Dean's choice to leave demonhood & the Mark behind for good, and I totally agree! What further reinforces this theory, is how Cas shouted at Hannah how it should be his choice, because it's his life, and so far they've been mirroring each other perfectly, so I'm holding out hope Dean (&every1 else, too) will finally get the agency he deserves & take control of his life. Also, from the promo, it seems Sam forcefully ~saving him isn't painted in a good light
This is another big reason why I think Dean is only going to be patched instead of cured. The patch may be something that lasts quite a while, but he’ll still technically be a demon. It will likely be something that fades over time and needs replenishing, like Cas’ stolen grace, and whether that’s human blood or a spell or something else is anyone’s guess right now.
By making it a patch and keeping him in the area between demon and human they’re not only making it possible for him to stay alive for the time being while seeming like the “old” Dean again (because I mean come on the mark was killing him as a human), they are also placing him in a position to have to choose between humanity and demonhood, just as Cas will have to choose between humanity and angelhood (as discussed here) somewhere down the line.
Personal choice is definitely a big part of this. With Cas being patched temporarily, possibly against his will, and Dean also finding himself in a similar situation, it would be amazing if when the opportunity comes for both of them to finally decide, once and for all, who they are and where they want to be, it will be something they are allowed to choose for themselves.
- told Neville to stand up to people
- confronted a full-sized mountain troll to save a girl he couldn’t stand
- said it didn’t matter whether someone was a pureblood, half-blood, or Muggle-born
- gave Dobby his sweater
- faced a bunch of giant spiders in the hopes of saving the school and clearing Hagrid’s name
- told Luna he loved her Quidditch commentary, and very sincerely tried to convince her he wasn’t teasing her
- stood up on a broken leg, trying to protect Harry
- gave up his grudge against Hermione the moment he learned how much she, Hagrid, and Buckbeak needed him
- realized he was wrong about Harry putting his name in the Goblet of Fire, and promptly went to apologize
- jumped into a freezing pond to save Harry and retrieve the Sword of Gryffindor
- confronted his best friend to prevent his sister’s heart being broken any further than it already was
- begged Bellatrix to torture him in place of Hermione
- couldn’t break up with a girl who drove him nuts because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings
- remembered the Hogwarts House Elves when no one else did, and wanted to make them evacuate, rather than order them to fight
- tried to go back to Harry and Hermione as soon as he left them
- didn’t make excuses for leaving, he came right out and admitted he had been wrong
- didn’t get angry at Hermione for taking a long time to forgive him
- saved Tonks’s life (while impersonating Harry to lower Harry’s chances of being killed, at the same time increasing his own)
- told Hermione not to curse Draco, even though he hates him
In conclusion, Ron is awesome. The end.
and he put his shoes and socks on dobby to be buried in because he knew how much dobby loved clothes. disliking ron weasley’s character makes 0 sense.
reblogging for the 100th time because ronald.
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY TO KNOW PEOPLE LOVE HIM LIKE I DO.
A Little girl, 3 yrs. old picked up by a man driving a gray car, license plate: Quebec 72B 381. Canada. Reblog this. It could save her. The Kidnapping is recent so do it, 3 seconds will not kill you. If it were your child .
Please, please, please, everyone reblog this. Please. I’m begging you.
Fun fact: Misha actually forgot his line here and so he just stared out the window so Jensen’s face is his genuine reaction.
I don’t know what I loved more: O’Donoghue’s exasperated facial expressions, the fact that he only knows how to work the phone in relation to “the Emma button,” or his frustrated voicemail. How is it possible for this character to be threatening Rumplestiltskin with complete conviction in one scene and then be downright adorable trying to call Emma in the next scene? It’s a testament to O’Donoghue’s impressive versatility. (x)
This is so true - and from a character standpoint, it’s amazing as well. Because Hook is still stumbling around the modern world, not really sure of what he’s supposed to do, and he might indeed get lost trying to handle it. But when he’s in his territory, when he knows what’s going on, he is one powerful player.
And there’s nothing he knows better than the Dark One.